Ever since the establishment of the department in the year 2006 we have grown our expertise and competence in the curriculum of Commerce and related research in various thrust areas if Accouting, Finance, Banking and allied areas.
The department offers a 5 years Integrated Master of qualified students the degree of B. Com (Hons).
Our department has and exceptional record in both teaching and research.
The faculty members have admirable academic credentials and are highly regarded in their areas of research.
The department is proactively involved in organizing academic events like Seminars, Symposium, FDP's etc, for providing a platform among the research fraternity to participate and express their views.
The department is committed towards development of students as leaders and entrepreneurs for tomorrow who contribute not only to the society but to the country at large.
We have curriculum from multi-dimensional perspective keeping in mind the changing landscape in the area of Commerce and Business
With the support from faculty, staff, students and all other stakeholders, we strive to build further on the strong foundations of Department of Commerce and accomplish greater altitudes of distinction. On behalf of the entire department. I take this opportunity to invite you to our campus and become a part of this transformational journey.
1. To provide knowledge regarding the basic concepts, principles and functions of management.
2. To develop business and entrepreneurial aptitude among the students.
1. To make it employment oriented.
2. To promote entrepreneurship become entrepreneurs.
3. To provide the Society a steady stream of competent young men and women with necessary knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry, and the government.
To impart the students with latest and relevant knowledge from the field of management theory and practice.
5. To provide opportunities to the students for developing necessary managerial skills.
6. To impart/ develop the right kind of values and attitude to function effectively in Managerial/ administrative positions.
On completion of BBA, aspirants generally opt for MBA . However, candidates can also choose to explore job opportunities in various fields such as banking, urban infrastructure and real estate management, business consultancies, advertising, manufacturing and in Government sectors to name a few. Some major job profiles one can opt for after completion of BBA are as follows:
1. Human Resource Executive: The responsibility of a Human Resource Executive (HR Executive) includes ensuring that the strategies, methodology and HR programs are administered and the objectives of the organization are consistent with proficient benchmarks, state and government administrative prerequisites and laws. Also, planning, advising on HR strategies and overseeing human asset activities such as enrollment and pay is the key responsibility of an HR Executive.
2. Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive develops official statements and is responsible for promotion for the organization’s products, conducting and analyzing competitive research, and establishing objectives, expectations and results for marketing programs.
3. Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager collaborates with product managers and aims at executing new/ modified programs for the establishment of improved strategies. Developing market research studies & analyze their finding, making the best use of marketing programs & campaigns for the organization’s products and services are the responsibilities of a Marketing Manager.
4. Sales Executive: The Sales Executive is required to design and implement strategies to increase company sales revenue and expand the company’s base in the market.
5. Research and Development (R&D) Executive: A R&D Manager directs and manages the development & research programs of an organization in order to meet the needs of the organization. Measuring the scope of research projects & making sure that they are delivered on time within the stipulated budget is the role of an R&D Manager.
6. Fund Managers: are financial investment experts who use their knowledge, skills and experience to invest money on behalf of their clients. With the guidance of the fund manager, an individual investor will choose a fund based on their investment objectives, risk appetite and fees involved.
7. Stock Manager: He oversees an organization's inventory. It's their job to track and monitor inventory and develop processes to maximize efficiency. As a stock manager, your typical duties include creating inventory plans, organizing distribution, and negotiating new contracts with suppliers.
8. WFM Specialist: The role is to provide the data, analytics, and resource management services to ensure Customer Operations’ staffing levels are appropriate to handle the needs of the business.
9. Product Specialist: Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and database functionality, and work with internal and external parties including vendors, content specialists, developers and product managers through to resolution.
10. Financial Analysts: He examines financial data and uses their findings to help companies make business decisions. More specifically, financial analysts research macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions along with company fundamentals to make predictions about businesses, sectors, and industries.